Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, beautifully illustrated with specially commissioned photography, is a celebration of UCL's unique collections, with leading academics from the university invited to select and write about an object each found inspiring. From a jar of moles to an Egyptian unguent spoon, a finger X-ray to some prehistoric cereal grains, their choices were often surprising, their responses always fascinating.
- Author BiographyUCL Library Special Collections is one of the foremost university collections of manuscripts, archives and rare books in the UK. It includes fine collections of medieval manuscripts and early printed books, notably from the C.K. Ogden Collection and Graves Library, as well as significant holdings of 18th century works, and highly important 19th and 20th century collections of personal papers, archival material, and literature, covering a vast range of subject areas, notably Latin American archives, Jewish collections and the George Orwell Archive.
- Author(s)Mark Carnall
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/07/2013
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note5 b/w; 59 col
- Weight361 g
- Width192 mm
- Height255 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.