Conversation Starters for Every Grandparent: Tips for Talking to (and with) Your Grandchildren, Your Children, and Other Grandparents by Kim Chamberlain (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrandparents often find themselves in awkward positions when it comes to having conversations with their family. Once children become little people, they develop likes and dislikes and discover their own interests, all of which may often be at odds with the grandparent's. Even the most incent attempt at chatting can produce such conversation-stoppers as I dun, whatever! or who cares! Similarly, when a grandparent tries to initiate a talk to his or her own children about grandkids' behavior or activities, it is usually met with a stony disapproving silence or a curt mind your own business. And when sets of grandparents get together, the opportunities to criticize each other for spoiling or favoring one of the grandchildren--or the parent whom your child married--can become a prescription for disaster. Fortunately for the growing population of intergenerational family members, help is here in this very practical handbook for seniors who babysit, visit or vacation with, or otherwise spend time with youngsters. Among the topics included are creating safe and friendly environments in which to initiate a chat, selecting age-appropriate conversation openers, avoiding sensitive issues, and developing listening as well as speaking skills. Subjects for conversations include family history, favorite activities, uncritical advice, and hopes and dreams for the future. Although aimed at grandparents, this latest volume in the author's Conversation Starters series is an essential guide for parents and children as well.
- Author BiographyKim Chamberlain is a speaker, writer, and seminar facilitator. She holds the National Speakers Association Accredited Professional Speaker level of certification, was the founding president of the Wellington (New Zealand) National Speakers Association, and has won many speaking awards. In 2000 she was voted as one of the world's top newsletter writers. Chamberlain is the author of Five-Minute Brain Workout, Woman to Woman, and Conversation Starters. She resides in Wellington, New Zealand.
- Author(s)Kim Chamberlain
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Weight228 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.