All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays in this wide-ranging collection fall into three main sections: Ecumenical Theology, Postliberal Theology, and Political Theology. The first section deals with Torrance and Barth on the Sacraments. Hunsinger includes here an examination of Torrance's views of baptism and the eucharist, as well as Karl Barth's voice on the Lord's Supper. He also develops a post-Barthian appreciation of Jews and Judaism. In the second section Hunsinger discusses such figures as Hans W. Frei, Ernst Troeltsch and H.R. Niebuhr in terms of their contribution to Postliberal Theology. The final section offers a discussion of Political Theology, as part of which Hunsinger presents an in-depth analysis regarding the political views of Karl Barth, as well as Barth's understanding of human rights. The book ends with a meditation on Andre Trocme and how goodness happened at Le Chambon.
- Author BiographyGeorge Hunsinger is Princeton Theological Seminary's Hazel Thompson McCord Professor of Systematic Theology, USA.
- Author(s)Professor George Hunsinger
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight389 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.