All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhnewfula prounced (New-fa-la) is a 15 year music industry executive who has worked with the likes of 50 Cent, Patti Labelle, No doubt, Destiny's Child, and Common. She was also the owner and creator of fashion destination The Red Lemon Store. While owning the store Phnewfula was also featured in Black Enterprise Magazine's Best of the Best for her store. Phnewfula and the store were also featured in US weekly, Complex, King, Angele, and Vibe magazines respectively as well as a few foreign publications. In all her years in the music business and fashion, thing to prepare her for her biggest and most rewarding job yet, becoming a mom! Agya is a 5 year old boy who likes robots, transformers, trucks, sushi, ninja turtles and showing people his awesome dance moves! Conversations between me and the kid, is a collection of 2 1/2 years worth of conversation between Phnewfula and Agya. Phnewfula, like most parents found the humor in her son's learning to express himself. They have had conversations about etiquette and how it's t proper to say to an adult go away, I don't want to talk to you because you have stinky breath. They have had conversations about entitlement and why Agya does or does t deserve certain things. They have had conversations about nursing and why babies are eating their mommy's boobies. Those conversations became too funny for Phnewfula to keep to herself so she put them in a book. Conversations between me and the kid, is a book that parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, godparents, and all lovers of children will enjoy.
- Author BiographyAt the age of 19 Phnewfula got her start in the music business while attending Clark Atlanta University. She started as a street team girl promoting such acts as Nelly, Destiny's Child, Lauryn Hill, Lil Kim, and Dr. Dre. She worked her way up to a coveted spot as a regional promotions manager for MCA records. There she worked such artist as Common, Mary J. Blige, and Patti LaBelle. Phnewfula made the transition from MCA, to Geffen Records, to Interscope at which time she picked up such artist as Eminem, Gwen Stefani, Robin Thicke, and 50 cent. In 2006 she resigned from Interscope records to start her own business in Los Angeles. In 2003 Phnewfula started an online business called The Red Lemon Store. She started this business while working for Geffen Records. The Red Lemon Store was a combination of Phnewfula's Far East fashion savvy that her growing up in Japan has shaped. She kept the store online until 2006 when she moved to LA and opened a brick & mortar location. While in LA Phnewfula and/or The Red lemon store, was featured in Black Enterprise Magazine's Best of the Best for her store. Phnewfula and the store were also featured in US weekly, Complex, King, Angeleno, and Vibe magazines respectively as well as a few foreign publications. In 2008 a series of events lead Phnewfula to close the boutique. One of those events would change her life forever. In 2008 Phnewfula became a mother to beautiful little boy named Agya. She moved back home to Atlanta and took 2 years off to enjoy motherhood and bond with her child. That still remains the best decision of her life. That decision would be a launching pad for a few of her future businesses. In 2010 Phnewfula went back to work and moved back to Chicago. She took a job as a regional promotions manager for Warner Bros. Records. There she worked with Jill Scott, Wale, and Kandi Burrus. With that job she was to merge work and personal by taking her son on the road with her. She is a very active parent and spends the maximum amount of time possible with her son. Around this time she starting noticing that the conversations the two of them had while they were on the road were beyond comical. Agya is truly a miniature Phnewfula in male form. Realizing that she started documenting them for a book. This collection of stories would soon become the book entitled Conversations between me and the kid.
- Author(s)Phnewfula y Frederiksen
- PublisherConversations Between Me and the Kid
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintConversations Between Me and the Kid
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.