All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe autobiographical films of German women form a unique body of work. Merging documentary and fiction footage, the filmmakers present a self (de)formed, but t constructed, by social forces. By historicizing, rather than psychologizing, their experience, these filmmakers call prevailing models of subject construction into question. Conversations with Experience examines the social and theoretical context of the films' production and proposes feminist hermeneutics as a theory of textual analysis. Drawing on the insights of Christa Wolf, Mary Daly, and Adrienne Rich, feminist hermeneutics recalls ontology as the basis for a conversational approach to critical engagement.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Andrea Staskowski is Assistant Professor in the Communications Department at the State University of New York at Nassau. She earned her Ph.D. in communications from the University of Iowa, her M.A. in cinema studies from New York University, and her M.A. in religion from the University of Chicago. In addition to articles on feminist film theory and contemporary American cinema, she is the author of Science Fiction Movies and Movie Musicals.
- Author(s)Andrea Straskowski
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleGerman Life & Civilization
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.