All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRevealing and enlightening, Conversations with Isaiah Berlin gives a close-up view of one of the foremost thinkers of our time An interview with the ted British philosopher and historian of ideas, conducted by the Iranian philosopher Jahanbegloo, which grew into a series of five conversations, comprising an intellectual memoir. They include Berlin's writings on historicism, pluralism and liberty as well as the ideas of thinkers such as Vico, Herder and Herzen. Berlin also speaks of his many friends and acquaintances amongst the important thinkers and artists of the twentieth century. Philosopher and leading proponent of liberal thinking, Isaiah Berlin has changed our sense of history and life. This new edition provides an excellent introduction to Berlin's thought.
- Author BiographyRamin Jahanbegloo is an Iranian philosopher, who finished his studies in France and has taught in Europe and North America. Amongst other books, he has written on Ghandi and non-violence. In 2006 he was imprisoned for several months in Iran.
- Author(s)Ramin Jahanbegloo
- PublisherHalban Publishers
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHalban Publishers
- Weight268 g
- Width138 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.