All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionJay Parini (b. 1948) is best kwn for his vel about Leo Tolstoy's last year, The Last Station, which has been translated into more than twenty-five languages and made into a Hollywood film. But he has also published numerous volumes of poetry; biographies of William Faulkner, Robert Frost, and John Steinbeck; vels; and literary and cultural criticism. This book contains the most important interviews with the former Guggenheim fellow; a former Fowler Hamilton Fellow at Christ Church, Oxford; and a former fellow of the Institute for Advanced Studies at the University of London. Parini's work is valuable t just because of its high quality and intellectual range. Parini's life and writings often seem like a seminar table, with friends gathered, talking and trading stories. He has openly written poems in conversation with writers he knew personally: Robert Penn Warren, Gore Vidal, Jorge Luis Borges, and others. He has, in his own life, kept an ongoing conversation with many literary friends over the years--Alastair Reid, Seamus Heaney, Anne Stevenson, Ann Beattie, Julia Alvarez, Peter Ackroyd, A. N. Wilson, and countless others. These interviews offer a more comprehensive understanding of Parini's work as a poet, scholar, public intellectual, literary critic, intellectual historian, biographer, velist, and biographical velist. More importantly, these interviews will contribute to our understanding of the history of ideas, the condition of kwledge, and the state of literature, all of which Parini has played an important role in shaping.
- Author BiographyMichael Lackey is an associate professor at the University of Minnesota, Morris. He is the author of African American Atheists and Political Liberation: A Study of the Socio-Cultural Dynamics of Faith and The Modernist God State: A Literary Study of the Nazis' Christian Reich as well as numerous articles in journals.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- Series TitleLiterary Conversations Series
- Place of PublicationJackson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byProfessor Michael Lackey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.