Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionIf one were to sum up Conversations with Joe in a word, the word would be surprise. From the very first page, author, A. H. Wellewood, challenges you to believe when doubt might otherwise prevail, to rejoice when sadness holds sway. Unexpected turns of plot bring about changes of mind, first in the characters and then also in you, as reader. However, surprise is but the first aspect to te in this tantalizing work of fiction. No description of Conversations with Joe would be complete without briefly mentioning how Wellewood has skillfully used two different perspectives to tell the story. He has organized it in such a way as to narrate in the first person multiplied by two! The story is told by, and revolves around, two young men - Joe and Tony - whose friendship seems perfectly indelible. And although their backgrounds couldn't be more dissimilar, their like-minded struggles and desires are what make them tied. Joe is a street savvy character while Tony is obsessed with mental exercises of manipulating time and space. The introduction of two beautiful women becomes the story's most important catalyst. It is here that fidelity becomes a blur. All the ingredients of a modern-day classic are present. Peer-pressure, sex, family relations, love and hor, dedication and devotion: each is important to Wellewood's cast of characters. Thoughts and feelings wax and wane within the story. You might find yourself cheering one moment and hoping for hope the next. But your faith in mankind - and womankind - should be fully renewed when the story's powerful ending seizes you unawares. With all its twists and turns, you'll be glad you chose Conversations with Joe to keep you company.
- Author BiographyThe author, A.H. Wellewood's other works include The Well: Memoirs of a Schizophrenic.
- Author(s)A H Wellewood
- Date of Publication26/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.