Conversations with Principals: Issues, Values and Politics by Dr. Andrew E. Dubin (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $147.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $37.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book orients and prepares aspiring and practicing administrators to be more effective in dealing with real and practical issues and problems in schools. It is a succinct, problem focused, oral history of issues articulated by newly hired and experience administrators as they consider their decisions. It reflects the honest introspections of practicing administrators, and is unique and original in its approach. It both reinforces existing kwledge and introduces new ideas and insights. Paramount to the information conveyed is the style in which it is presented. By examining leadership issues through the actual words of school leaders, Conversations with Principals distinguishes itself from other leadership material. The text lends itself to a Socratic style of teaching, making it is easy to discuss the issues and themes presented in an open-ended format whereby students exchange ideas and engage in the activities of questioning and analyzing administrative behavior and action. Each oral account is prefaced by contextualizing information about the school leader and the demographics of his or her school.Following each interview there is an analysis of the case, as well as a section with questions and activities for students to complete.
- Author BiographyDr. Andrew Dubin is Professor of Educational Administration in the Department of Administration and Interdisciplinary Studies (DAIS) in the College of Education at San Francisco State University. He received his Ph.D. from Claremont Graduate School and has worked as teacher, Dean of Discipline and Grade Advisor in New York City, abroad as a teacher and drama specialist at Colegio Nueva Granada in Bogota, Colombia, South America, and as a Principal and Superintendent for the International School in Lahore, Pakistan. In 1994, he was Headmaster for the International American School in Rome, Italy. He is published nationally and internationally, has worked as an Educational Consultant, Lecturer at California State University, Fullerton and Program Coordinator in Educational Administration at University of California at Irvine. He also directed a teacher training program for returning Peace Corps Volunteers at SFSU. Dr. Dubin has developed the Educational Administration Leadership Institutes in San Francisco, San Mateo County and is currently directing the Marin County Leadership Institute.
- Author(s)Dr. Andrew E. Dubin
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication09/03/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.