All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaintaining healthy blood sugar levels is a key to vitality, energy, and well-being-and t just for people with diabetes. It has far-reaching effects on our health, emotions, mental stability, and ability to heal. Blood sugar is greatly affected by the foods you eat and the carbohydrates they contain. But keeping a proper blood sugar balance is a constant challenge in this culture of carb-laden convenience foods, fast food, and addictive foods. We all need carbohydrates, but most of eat far more than the body can cope with efficiently. This can put us on the path to weight gain, diabetes, and other health crises. We don't have control over our genes, and have limited control over our environment. But we do have control over our daily food choices. The 112 recipes in Cooking Along with Joy are a great start for delicious, healthy meals. Enjoy recreating some of your favorite dishes-w made with low-carb and gluten-free ingredients. Expand your culinary palette with dishes from other countries. Many recipes accommodate vegetarians and vegans diets. Still t sure you can change your eating habits? Follow the section Tips For Switching to A Lower Carb Diet for a successful outcome. This book is for anyone motivated to make lasting life-changes to stay fit. It can help you break away from addicting, high-carb foods toward a healthy diet and lifestyle. Following Joy's recipes can be a catalyst toward creating your own tasty meals with lower carbs. Remember taking time to cook is one of the most nurturing activities you do for yourself and others. Food can connect us all in healthy ways.
- Author BiographyJoy Stocksdale is a cook living with type one diabetes. She has devoted years to researching health issues and experimenting with recipes to keep her own blood sugar in the healthiest range possible. A noted textile artist, she is the author of Polychromatic Screen Printing. www.joystocksdale.com. She lives in Sonoma County, California, a haven for excellent local foods and innovative food production.
- Author(s)Joy E Stocksdale
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.