All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionCooking Down East is undoubtedly the best-selling Maine cookbook ever. Originally published in the 1960s, this compelling collection of recipes for the home cook features the New England cooking traditions and the Maine ingredients that made Marjorie Standish's recipe column in the Maine Sunday Telegram a wild success. Down East recently revamped this classic with ather seminal Maine talent: Melissa Kelly, the James Beard Award-winning chef at Primo in Rockland. Kelly encourages readers to seek out the bountiful, seasonal, fresh ingredients and gives helpful tips on adapting some of the classic recipes for today's kitchen. This paperback edition includes all the original Marjorie Standish classics plus more than a dozen recipes from Kelly. 200+ recipes.
- Author BiographyFor 25 years, Marjorie Standish, now deceased, was the editor of the Cooking Down East column for the Maine Sunday Telegram, the state's largest-circulation Sunday paper. She lived in Augusta, Maine. Even in her late eighties, she was still meeting with her fans and drawing out-the-door-and-around-the-block crowds to her book signings.
- Author(s)Marjorie Standish
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/10/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDown East Books,U.S.
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width177 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byMelissa Kelly
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.