Cooking Light Mad Delicious: The Science of Making Healthy Food Taste Amazing! by Keith Schroeder (Hardback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description2015 James Beard Foundation Book Award Winner for Focus on Health Discover the delicious science behind healthy cooking! Too often, home cooks with good intentions sacrifice flavor and texture in an attempt to make their favorite recipes healthier. Mad Delicious shows readers how to maximize flavor and texture through 120 new recipes, witty and funny narrative, insight on the nature of ingredients, and a fresh, invative perspective on the science of cooking with illustrated explanations. The results are mad delicious! Mad Delicious takes the kitchen science genre to the next level: It's t just about chemistry and molecules. Schroeder teaches home cooks about the nature of ingredients, how to maximize texture and flavor with clever cooking techniques (try steaming beef-then soaking it in wine sauce for the most tender steak ever!), smooth moves in the kitchen for better work flow, and how all the sciences-geography, meteorology, chemistry, physics, botany, biology, even human sociology and anthropology-can help home cooks master the science of light cooking. Every recipe is a fun adventure in the kitchen resulting in mad delicious eats: Learn how to cook pasta like risotto for a silky sauce and enjoy Toasted Penne with Chicken Sausage. Other recipes include Lower East Side Brisket, Fish Sticks!, Cocoa-Crusted New York Strip, Georgia Peanut Fried Chicken, Red Sauce Joint Hero Sandwiches, Spicy Crab Fried Rice, Tandoori Chicken, and Bourbon Steamed Peaches.
- Author BiographyKeith Schroeder, chef, food educator, and entrepreneur, is the founder and CEO of Atlanta-based High Road Craft Ice Cream. He is the partner and consulting chef of New York-based Sunday Gravy. Prior to branching out as an entrepreneur, he led kitchens at resorts, restaurants, catering companies, and hotels in major food markets. Schroeder is an active writer, lecturer, and culinary teacher. His first cookbook, Cooking Light Mad Delicious, won the 2015 James Beard Foundation Book Award for Focus on Health. He also writes the recurring Cooking Class column in Cooking Light magazine. Keith Schroeder lives in Roswell, GA with his wife and two children. At 25 years, Cooking Light is the nation's leading epicurean brand with the largest audience, most epicurean editorial and the most recipes. Cooking Light is the only epicurean brand positioned at the intersection of great-tasting food and healthfulness, serving an important and growing consumer need. The brand delivers innovative recipes, nutrition advice, and resources to live a healthful lifestyle via its magazine, website, and portfolio of cookbooks; across all tablets; through the highly-acclaimed Cooking Light Quick and Healthy Menu Maker app; and on social media platforms including, Facebook (Facebook.com/CookingLight), Twitter (@Cooking_Light) and Pinterest (Pinterest.com/CookingLight).
- Author(s)Keith Schroeder
- PublisherOxmoor House, Incorporated
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLittle Rock, AR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxmoor House, Incorporated
- Out-of-print date07/06/2016
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1801 g
- Width247 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.