All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionCooking Like Mummyji was first published to great acclaim and garnered thousands of loyal fans in 2003 but has been unavailable for almost 10 years. It won the Jeremy Round Award for Best First Book at the Guild of Food Writers Awards and was short-listed for Best Book at the Glenfiddich Awards. Now back in a fully revised, redesigned edition with newly commissioned photography the author reveals in over 100 recipes the secrets of British Asian food. These are the recipes from her family and friends; Indian cooking but adapted using British ingredients. Vicky says 'our home food is much simpler than the food you find in Indian restaurants. We use very few spices. The same ingredients are generally used for everything but, like musical tes, can be combined in many different ways to creat beautiful melodies.' Many of the names of her dishes will be familiar to afficiandos of high-street Indian restaurants but Vicky's versions are healthier, with fresher, more vivid flavours.
- Author BiographyVicky Bhogal was born in the Midlands to Sikh parents. She emerged onto the food scene at 25 years old with her first cookbook, the bestselling Cooking Like Mummyji, a love letter to the Punjabi Indian food she was brought up on. She went on to create her own authentic chilled foods range, 'Just Like Mummyji's' exclusively for Tesco 2004-2007, becoming a GBP3.2m brand within six months and winning her a Grocer Award in 2006 and short-listing for Entrepreneur of the Year Award at the Asian Jewel Awards 2006. Find out more about Vicky Bhogal at www.vickybhogal.com.
- Author(s)Vicky Bhogal
- PublisherGrub Street
- Date of Publication28/10/2016
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGrub Street
- Content Notefour colour throughout
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.