All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEach Christmas is a performance, which everyone in the family will compare with every other Christmas and if you are the cook, you are the person most responsible for its success. In order t to disintegrate completely under the pressure, here is a book that will give you all the confidence you need to manage t just Christmas Day, but Boxing Day and the duration of the festive holiday too. Rather than a prescriptive 'day by day countdown' the author sensibly suggests you sit down with a pad and pencil, and plan each meal 'down to the last Brussels sprout'. It may be an effort, but it will be the only way to relax, enjoy and survive the coming onslaught. Over 50 mouth-watering recipes are given, including classics that the author's following still makes today: feather-light cheese biscuits, red velvet casserole of beef, and turkey au gratin with almonds. The turkey stuffings here are superlatively good - particularly the veal, lemon and parsley - and the orange pastry for mince pies is the best and crumbliest you will ever make. Ideas for leftovers, cold cuts, salads and what wine to drink with what are also included.
- Author BiographyJosceline Dimbleby 's cookery books have sold well over two million copies in the UK, and been translated into many languages. Her first book A Taste of Dreams, published in 1976, won the Andre Simon Award. She has since published seventeen cookery books and was cookery correspondent for the Sunday Telegraph newspaper for 15 years, winning a Glenfiddich Award for her pieces on India and the Far East. Her book Orchards in the Oasis - Recipes, Travels and Memories was published in October 2010 and won the Kate Whiteman Award for Work on Food in June 2011. She has now completely revised her 1980's bestseller Marvellous Meals with Mince and the new edition was published in September 2012.
- Author(s)Josceline Dimbleby
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleThe Food Lovers' Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width140 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $27.07New
- AU $14.68New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.34Trending at AU $31.29
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $29.45Trending at AU $35.67
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $44.33Trending at AU $44.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.