All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $23.16Was:AU $26.99Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionUse these recipes to heal your gluten intolerance, celiac disease, IBD, IBS, Crohn's, ulcerative colitis, diabetes, and food allergies For decades, people with incurable digestive problems have been helped by the specific carbohydrate diet (SCD), a clinically tested way of eating that has gained increasing popularity in recent years. This book gives readers easy-to-follow recipes that adhere strictly to the SCD while providing exceptionally tasty breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even dessert ideas. The delectable dishes in this book are perfect substitutes for classic meals -- it's hard to even notice they're made without sugar, gluten, grain, or lactose. From Mexican meatball soup and sweet and sour chicken to carrot cake and apple cider donuts, a full, appetizing, and safe diet can be a reality for those working to restore their health. The SCD recipes in this healthy cookbook go back to the basics, using natural foods that have always been eaten by humans rather than difficult-to-digest, recently developed complex sugars and chemical additives that can lead to health issues.
- Author BiographyErica Kerwien is a kitchen chemist and writer. When one of her sons was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called Crohn's disease, she set out to help him restore his health in the best way possible--with food. Along the way, she discovered the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD), which changed the way her family eats and cooks. Erica started the website Comfy Belly to track and share her recipes, and it has become a valuable resource for recipes that are gluten-free,sugar-free, lactose-free, dairy-free, and grain-free.
- Author(s)Erica Kerwien
- PublisherUlysses Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUlysses Press
- Content Note65 color photos
- Weight342 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.