All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive visual identifier to the cheeses of the world with advice on selecting, preparing and cooking techniques. It is an indispensable, fully illustrated and updated reference source to the cheeses of the world. It includes expert descriptions of the colour, texture, taste and background of each cheese. It explores a wide variety of cheeses from around the globe, from France, Italy, Britain and the USA to the artisan producers of Denmark, Belgium and India. It features well-kwn international favourites such as crumbly English Cheddar and creamy French Brie to the more unusual, but equally delicious, Tutunmaa from Finland or Asadero from Mexico. It shows you how to create the perfect cheeseboard, and includes advice on which wines to serve with cheese. This extensive guide provides all-important information on what to look for when buying cheese; how to select the ideal cheese for cooking or eating; and, how to serve it, and how to store it. This stunning visual directory offers a comprehensive survey of the world's classic and modern cheeses, covering all the major producers. Essential details on each cheese describe its taste, appearance and texture; whether it is pasteurised, unpasteurised or vegetarian; and what it is best used for, be it grilling, baking, grating, sauces or salads. With over 300 wonderful photographs and clear authoritative advice, this classic reference book from one of the world's foremost cheese experts will help you to explore the versatility of this superb ingredient.
- Author BiographyKate Whiteman was a highly respected food writer and editor for over thirty years. She translated and edited numerous books for such eminent chefs as the Roux Brothers, Raymond Blanc and Pierre Koffman, and was herself the author of many books, including Microwave Fish Cooking, Brittany Gastronomique and The A-Z of Italian Ingredients.
- Author(s)Kate Whiteman
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication19/07/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 300 colour photographs
- Weight816 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.