Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCool Containers pumps up the action in pots. Here is an invative approach to container gardening, the first book to combine the cool style of modernism with plantings that really work. Cool Containers explains where, how and what to plant in a variety of containers. The book is split into six sections, covering everything from design and materials to site, season and care. In 'Design' Adam Caplin looks at style, whether crisply modern or informally chic, focusing on elements such as scale, texture and colour. 'Materials' explores a range of exciting and unusual planters in every material, from metal to stone, and features planting recipes for carefully selected container shapes. 'Site' offers trailblazing ways to use plants that will suit the location and its environmental conditions -be it hot and sunny, windy and exposed or cast in deep shade. Adam then explores how understanding a location's particular set of constraints will enable you to choose the perfect container and plant species that thrive in it. There are ideas for all sites, whether kind or cruel -even for a dark passage between two houses, out of the reach of even the most intrepid of the sun's rays. 'Season' demonstrates how you can replant existing containers to provide an instant colour lift at certain times of the year. Packed with sound practical advice on container choice and how to select and care for the right plants in the right situations, Cool Containers puts successful and adventurous gardening within everyone's grasp. Container gardening has never been so exciting.
- Author BiographyAdam Caplin is a freelance garden designer. After studying horticulture at Reading, he was awarded a fellowship to set up the Camden Garden Centre in north London. In 1985 he founded The Garden Centre at Alexandra Palace, which expanded to two other sites. He went on to run The Chelsea Gardener and two nurseries in Essex and Suffolk. He now has an interest in a wholesale nursery in East Anglia. Adam and his brother, James, wrote Instant Gardening and Urban Eden. Adam has been a contributor to Garden Inspirations and Gardens Illustrated, and a guest presenter for the TV series Gardener's World. He is the author of Planted Junk and New Kitchen Garden. Adam is also a successful fine artist and has had a series of one-man shows.
- Author(s)Adam Caplin
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication02/08/2010
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Out-of-print date12/06/2012
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width230 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.