All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThisbookresultsfrommyworkasaresearchassistant attheUniversitiesofFreiberg and Duisburg-Essen. Starting this research was very challenging due to the highly mathematically coined literature regarding game theoretical topics. The literature shows that cooperativegame theory is well studied from a theoretical point of view, but that ?elds of application are fairly limited up to w. Hence, the following researchquestion arose: What can be doneto make conceptsfrom cooperativegame theory more applicable to practical problems? The ?eld of supply chain management is predestined for many kinds of co- eration because companies will be more successful if they consider relationships to suppliers, customers, and/or competitors. Therefore, this work focuses on co- erations in supply networks (horizontal and vertical cooperation) concerning joint ordering and/or joint production. Problems of ordering and production for single decision makers are well studied in operations research and are used as a basis to develop cooperative models that display situations of cooperative decision making. Being one of the most essential problems in cooperations, the allocation of joint pro?ts or costs is the fundamental question in cooperativegame theory and will be the basic question answered by this work as well. Inbothplacesofmy doctorialstudies,FreibergandDuisburg,I hadvaluables- port without which this work would t have been possible. First of all, I thank Alf Kimms for providingme the chance to work on this topic, his guidance,challenging discussions, and the possibility to continue my work in Duisburg.
- Author BiographyJulia Drechsel worked as research assistant at the universities of Freiberg and Duisburg-Essen, Germany from 2005-2009. Since 2009 she is Senior Process Specialist for Supply Chain Optimization with Bayer Technology Services.
- Author(s)Julia Drechsel
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 644
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 45 black & white tables, biography
- Weight590 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.