All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTom Dudgeon has cast off a motor cruiser from its moorings to protect a coot's nest, but w the cruiser is searching high and low for him - even offering a reward. Tom accepts an invitation for a week's cruise to teach his new friends, Dick and Dorothea how to sail. You couldn't get a better sailor than Tom but can he really stay one jump ahead of his pursuers long eugh to complete the voyage?
- Author BiographyArthur Ransome was born in Leeds in l884 and went to school at Rugby. He was in Russia in l917, and witnessed the Revolution, which he reported for the Manchester Guardian. After escaping to Scandinavia, he settled in the Lake District with his Russian wife where, in l929, he wrote Swallows and Amazons. And so began a writing career which has produced some of the real children's treasures of all time. In 1936 he won the first ever Carnegie Medal for his book, Pigeon Post.
- Author(s)Arthur Ransome
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication06/09/2001
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleSwallows and Amazons
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRed Fox
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.