Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $67.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $68.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe emotional highs and lows of competitive sport, whether experienced as a competitor, spectator or coach may be the essential ingredient that gives sport its universal and compelling appeal. Emotion is clearly a pervasive force within competitive sport, and this is reflected in the burgeoning interest over recent decades in athletes' emotions and strategies for coping with these emotions. The interplay between emotion and coping is a critical factor in determining, through its influence on key psychological functions, an athlete's potential success in competitive sport. This fully revised and updated edition of the classic text on coping and emotion in sport goes further than any other book in examining the central role that these two factors play in sports performance. The book explores theory and measurement, current research, and contemporary issues and special populations respectively. Each chapter closely integrates cutting-edge research themes with discussion of practical and applied issues, with case studies and reflections from practitioners working in elite sport woven throughout the book. With contributions from leading international scholars and consultant psychologists, this book is vital reading for all students and professionals working in sport psychology.
- Author BiographyJoanne Thatcher is a Senior Lecturer in Sport and Exercise Psychology at Aberystwyth University. She has published over thirty academic papers and books. She is a Chartered Psychologist (BPS), a registered Sport and Exercise Psychologist (HPC) and past Chair of the BPS Division of Sport & Exercise Psychology. Marc Jones is a Reader in Sport and Exercise Psychology at Staffordshire University and has published over forty academic papers mostly in the area of stress and emotion. He is a Chartered Psychologist (BPS) and a registered Sport and Exercise Psychologist (HPC). David Lavallee is Professor and Head of the School of Sport at the University of Stirling. He is an editorial board member of several journals, including International Review of Sport and Exercise Psychology, Psychology of Sport & Exercise, Sport & Exercise Psychology Review and Qualitative Research in Sport & Exercise.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/08/2011
- SubjectSports Studies & PE: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 12 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDavid Lavallee,Joanne Thatcher,Marc Jones
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $18.72New
- AU $10.89Used
- AU $24.74New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.54New
- AU $6.44Used
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $23.89New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $21.12
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.75
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $18.72
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $77.71
- AU $78.69Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.