All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book contains 55 poems for 'times of illness' and 33 poems for ' times of grief'. Dr Audrey Coatesworth is a retired, English psychiatrist. She writes from her kwledge and experience, gained through her own life events and from her thirty five years of psychotherapeutic work. Though the poems in this book were written primarily for children aged 7-13 years, who have to cope with illness or grief, adults have found comfort from these gentle poems.
- Author BiographyDr Audrey Coatesworth qualified as a doctor from Edinburgh University Medical School in 1962. For over 35 years, she worked as a psychiatrist. Since her retirement, she writes to carry on her therapeutic work through the written word. Illness and grief can happen despite the best care a child can be given. Some things in life can be avoided, others cannot. She has written these and all her poems from her long experience and knowledge working with traumatised patients, whether the problems originated from an accident, a loss or abuse. She is a wife, mother and grandmother, who likes being outdoors, gardening and listening to music.
- Author(s)Audrey Coatesworth
- Date of Publication12/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.