All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCopp For Hire, the first of the Joe Copp, Private Eye thrillers, is a high tension, fast-moving story all the way, with Copp always in the eye of the storm and about to be engulfed in it at any moment. Characteristic of Don Pendleton's stories, the hero is never passively involved but is the catalyst for action in straight-ahead, hard-hitting pursuit of solutions, although forever at the point of being overwhelmed by the developing situations. This is classic hardboiled detective fare, and Pendleton is a master of the form. Tough, cagey, ex-cop turned private eye, Joe Copp, descends into the labyrinth of forbidden sex, corrupt politics, and multiple murders. It is a powerful story of gray and light and shifting shadows that conceal as much as they reveal about human nature. The fast moving story takes Joe Copp to the rough and tumble, down and dirty, anything-goes underbelly of Los Angeles and on to the deadly vice pits of Holulu's Chinatown. Publishers Weekly: This Joe Copp adventure reads like an express train. A throwback to the vintage Spillane era, Pendleton kws how to keep us turning the pages. St. Petersburg Times: Pendleton has a great new character in Copp. His style is fresh, the pace is brisk, and there are eugh twists to please any mystery fan. Library Journal: Pendleton, author of the long-running paperback Executioner series, shows in his first hardcover that hardboiled writing can be insightful as well as action-packed. ALA Booklist: This is the real thing, the hardcover debut of the author of the perennially popular 'Executioner series'...the charm of the Executioner books. Milwaukee Sentinel: Pendleton is a master of action and dialog and 'Copp' is a taut detective story.
- Author BiographyDon Pendleton (1927-1995) was creator of the popular The Executioner: Mack Bolan series and is considered the father of the action/adventure literary genre. His fiction includes the Joe Copp and Ashton Ford mystery series, and in addition, several nonfiction books, including those in collaboration with his wife, Linda Pendleton. He published more than one hundred novels, which have sold close to two hundred million copies world-wide in numerous languages.
- Author(s)Don Pendleton
- Date of Publication26/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $78.85New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.61Trending at AU $78.85
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.27Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.