All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe tropical UK Territories have extensive coral reefs. Huge parts of these areas are exceptionally rich, productive and diverse. Their marine biodiversity exceeds that of the UK itself, and several are already, or are planned to be, strictly protected. Some of these areas serve as reference sites for many other countries with damaged reefs and they are oases of tropical marine biodiversity in a fast-degrading world. This book reviews all of the UK reefs, from those scarcely kwn to those where substantial research has already been performed.
- Author BiographyCharles Sheppard is a professor at Warwick University, UK. He is actively involved with reef research in many countries, advises several governments and industries, and is editor of a large marine environmental science journal. He has written numerous papers and articles, and this is the tenth book he has written or edited on marine environmental science.
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleCoral Reefs of the World
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1139 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCharles R. Sheppard
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.