All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionCore Java(R) has long been recognized as the leading, -nsense tutorial and reference for experienced programmers who want to write robust Java code for real-world applications. Now, Core Java(R), Volume I-Fundamentals, Tenth Edition, has been extensively updated to reflect the most eagerly awaited and invative version of Java in years: Java SE 8. Rewritten and reorganized to illuminate new Java SE 8 features, idioms, and best practices, it contains hundreds of example programs-all carefully crafted for easy understanding and practical applicability. Writing for serious programmers solving real-world problems, Cay Horstmann helps you achieve a deep understanding of the Java language and library. In this first volume of the two-volume work, Horstmann focuses on fundamental language concepts and the foundations of modern user interface programming. You'll find in-depth coverage of topics ranging from Java object-oriented programming to generics, collections, lambda expressions, Swing UI design, and the latest approaches to concurrency and functional programming. This guide will help you * Leverage your existing programming kwledge to quickly master core Java syntax * Understand how encapsulation, classes, and inheritance work in Java * Master interfaces, inner classes, and lambda expressions for functional programming * Improve program robustness with exception handling and effective debugging * Write safer, more readable programs with generics and strong typing * Use pre-built collections to collect multiple objects for later retrieval * Master concurrent programming techniques from the ground up * Build modern cross-platform GUIs with standard Swing components * Deploy configurable applications and applets, and deliver them across the Internet * Simplify concurrency and enhance performance with new functional techniques If you're an experienced programmer moving to Java SE 8, Core Java(R), Tenth Edition, will be your reliable, practical companion-w and for many years to come. Look for the companion volume, Core Java(R), Volume II-Advanced Features, Tenth Edition (ISBN-13: 978-0-13-417729-8), for coverage of Java 8 streams, input and output, XML, databases, antations, and other advanced topics. Register your product at informit.com/register for convenient access to downloads, updates, and corrections as they become available.
- Author BiographyCay S. Horstmann is author of Core Java(R) for the Impatient (2015), Java SE 8 for the Really Impatient (2014), and Scala for the Impatient (2012), all from Addison-Wesley. He has written more than a dozen other books for professional programmers and computer science students. He is a professor of computer science at San Jose State University and is a Java Champion.
- Author(s)Cay S. Horstmann,Gary Cornell
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication22/12/2015
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1566 g
- Width179 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.