Core Java: Volume 1: Fundamentals by Cay S. Horstmann, Gary Cornell (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $109.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully updated to reflect Java SE 7 language changes, Core Java(TM), Volume I-Fundamentals, Ninth Edition, is the definitive guide to the Java platform. Designed for serious programmers, this reliable, unbiased, -nsense tutorial illuminates key Java language and library features with thoroughly tested code examples. As in previous editions, all code is easy to understand, reflects modern best practices, and is specifically designed to help jumpstart your projects. Volume I quickly brings you up-to-speed on Java SE 7 core language enhancements, including the diamond operator, improved resource handling, and catching of multiple exceptions. All of the code examples have been updated to reflect these enhancements, and complete descriptions of new SE 7 features are integrated with insightful explanations of fundamental Java concepts. You'll learn all you need to be productive with * The Java programming environment * Objects, classes, and inheritance * Interfaces and inner classes * Reflection and proxies * Graphics programming * Event handling and the event listener model * Swing-based user interface components * Application and applet deployment * Exceptions, logging, assertions, and debugging * Generic programming * Collections * Concurrency, and more For detailed coverage of advanced features, including the new API for file input/output and enhancements to the concurrency utilities, look for Core Java(TM), Volume II-Advanced Features, Ninth Edition (ISBN-13: 978-0-13-708160-8).
- Author BiographyCay S. Horstmann is author of Scala for the Impatient (Addison-Wesley, 2012) and coauthor of Core JavaServer(TM) Faces, Third Edition (Prentice Hall, 2010). He is professor of computer science at San Jose State University, a Java Champion, and a frequent speaker at developer conferences. Gary Cornell has been writing for and teaching programming professionals for more than twenty years. The cofounder of Apress, he has written numerous best-selling books for developers, was a cofinalist for a Jolt Award, and won the Readers Choice award from Visual Basic Magazine.
- Author(s)Cay S. Horstmann,Gary Cornell
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication27/11/2012
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Out-of-print date06/01/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1520 g
- Width180 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.