About this product
- DescriptionThe Road to Kwledge: Information and Research turn the Common Core State Standards into meaningful instruction and learning in informational reading and writing-a rich day-to-day, step-by-step guide on how to implement the Common Core State Standards for English language arts and how to ensure that all students are core ready. Through them, readers see how to use the unique text features and structure of informational text to tice patterns and identify key ideas and concepts while building a vocabulary of domain-specific language. Included are rich, dynamic lesson sets for informational reading and writing, each with complete step by step reading and writing lessons, as well as highlights for speaking, listening, and language use. It is a book for teachers, administrative leaders, literacy coaches, ELL specialists, special educators, media specialists, reading teachers, content area teachers, professors, and students of education.
- Author BiographyPam Allyn is an authority in the field of literacy education and an expert in home and school literacy connections. As a renowned motivational speaker, expert consultant, author, teacher, and humanitarian for children, she is transforming the way we think about literacy as a tool for communication and knowledge building. She is the executive director of LitLife, a national literacy development organization providing research-based professional development for K-12 educators. She founded and leads LitWorld, a groundbreaking global literacy initiative reaching children across the United States and in over 60 countries. Her methods for helping all students achieve as literacy learners, including the most diverse learners, has brought her acclaim both in the United States and internationally. Pam is the author of 11 books for educators and parents including the award-winning What To Read When: The Books and Stories To Read With Your Child-And All The Best Times To Read Them (Penguin Avery), Pam Allyn's Best Books for Boys (Scholastic) and Your Child's Writing Life: How to Inspire Confidence, Creativity, and Skill at Every Age (Penguin Avery). Her work has been featured on Good Morning America, The Today Show, Oprah Radio, the Huffington Post, the New York Times and across the blogosphere.
- Author(s)Pam Allyn
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication31/12/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Out-of-print date27/05/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight667 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.