Core Servlets and JavaServer Pages: Advanced Technologies: v. 2 by Marty Hall, Larry Brown (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $91.05+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionJava EE is the techlogy of choice for e-commerce applications, interactive Web sites, and Web-enabled services. Servlet and JSP techlogy provides the link between Web clients and server-side applications on this platform. Core Servlets and JavaServer Pages, Volume 2: Advanced Techlogies, Second Edition, is the definitive guide to the advanced features and capabilities provided by servlets and JSP. Volume 2 presents advanced capabilities like custom tag libraries, filters, declarative security, JSTL, and Struts. Like the first volume, it teaches state-of-the-art techniques and best practices illustrated with complete, working, fully documented programs. Volume 2 explains in detail the advanced tools and techniques needed to build robust, enterprise-class applications. You'll learn how to control application behavior through the web.xml deployment descriptor file, how to enhance application security through both declarative and programmatic methods, and how to use servlet and JSP filters to encapsulate common behavior. You'll also learn how to control major application lifecycle events, best practices for using JSTL, and how to build custom tag libraries. Volume 2 concludes with an in-depth introduction to the Jakarta Struts framework. Complete source code for all examples is available free for unrestricted use at www.volume2.coreservlets.com. For information on Java training from Marty Hall, go to courses.coreservlets.com. Volume 1 presents comprehensive coverage of the servlets and JSP specifications, including HTTP headers, cookies, session tracking, JSP scripting elements, file inclusion, the MVC architecture, and the JSP expression language. It also covers HTML forms, JDBC, and best practices for design and implementation.
- Author BiographyMarty Hall is the president of coreservlets.com, a leading provider of Java training and consulting services. Marty has given courses on Java technologies in seven countries and dozens of U.S. venues, and directs the Java and Web-related concentration areas in the part-time Computer Science graduate program at the Johns Hopkins University. His books include all editions of Core Servlets and JavaServer Pages, More Servlets and JavaServer Pages, and Core Web Programming. Larry Brown is an IT manager at a U.S. Navy Research and Development Laboratory, and coauthor of Core Web Programming, Second Edition (Prentice Hall, 2001). Yaakov Chaikin, senior consultant at a software development company based in Columbia, MD, heads the Web Development track at Loyola College's graduate computer science program.
- Author(s)Larry Brown,Marty Hall
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Notefigures
- Weight1170 g
- Width184 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.