All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecent changes in medical roles and responsibilities have raised the profile of Operating Department Practitioners (ODPs). The level of kwledge is vast, and exams must be taken working towards statutory registration. This is the first in a series of three books providing comprehensive information for healthcare staff working in the operating department. Topics covered include anaesthesia, critical care, post-interventional care, enhancing care delivery, professional practice, leadership and resource management. The clear and concise format is ideally suited to study, qualification and for continued reference during practice. Written by specialists with a wealth of kwledge and experience, and incorporating problem-based learning using case studies, this book will be essential reading for ODPs and theatre nurses throughout the UK, in Australia where the same structures have been adopted, and worldwide for all professionals working in operating departments.
- Author BiographyBrian Smith is Senior Lecturer in Continuing Professional Development at Edge Hill College of Higher Education, Liverpool. Paul Rawling is Recovery Team Leader and Lecturer at the Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Paul Wicker is Head of Operating Department Practice Programmes at Edge Hill College of Higher Education, Liverpool. Chris Jones is Senior Lecturer in Continuing Professional Development at Edge Hill College of Higher Education, Liverpool.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note69 b/w illus.
- Weight420 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byBrian Smith,Chris Jones,Paul Rawling,Paul Wicker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.