All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionMike Baldwin's Cornered does a full workup on your funny bone. If laughter is the best medicine this is your prescription. Whether you're in the medical profession, or simply a victim of it, you'll enjoy this sightly off-label look at what makes us tick and what makes us sick. Let the healing begin! 124 full color cartoons! How do you react when cornered? Talk your way out, prepare for battle or insist you're just fine and dandy? Mike Baldwin's Cornered characters reflect the full spectrum of these reactions - all the while doing their very best to be taken seriously. From dark to light to blindingly brilliant, the results delight, amuse or even confuse - but it's well worth the risk.
- Author BiographyBorn in Ontario in 1954, it took almost 16 years for Mike' to land his first Job. It was at a meat packing plant. It lasted four hours. The experience made him realize what he really wanted to do - work somewhere else. Mike's career as an artist was launched a few years later in The Burlington Gazette. He began a weekly cartoon called Peepal. A panel called Aunt Alas soon followed. And, eventually, he became the newspaper's editorial cartoonist. Over the next several years, Mike worked at various newspapers as a cartoonist, advertising artist and art director. Before devoting his full attention to Cornered in 1998, Mike was editorial art director at The Hamilton Spectator. This gave him a first hand look at the new wave of technology entering the news room. Mike realized the value of color and decided to create Cornered in color every day. Advances in pagination made it practical. Other cartoons were sometime 'colorized' by a third party, but Cornered was one of the first daily syndicated cartoons to be colored by the cartoonist. On April 1, 1996, Cornered was launched and a year later Cornered joined Universal Uclick. Mike lives in Southern Ontario, Canada with his wife, Lynda, and two very moody cats.
- Author(s)Mike Baldwin
- PublisherMike Baldwin
- Date of Publication10/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCartoons & Comic Strips
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMike Baldwin
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.