All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEquip yourself with the managerial accounting kwledge you need to become a strong business leader with the unique integrated learning system in CORNERSTONES OF MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING, 6E. Based on hundreds of conversations with students like you, the CORNERSTONES approach presents materials the way most future professionals learn best. The book demonstrates step-by-step calculations for solving business problems to help you establish a strong foundation in the basics quickly, before moving forward. You then transition to analyzing and applying managerial accounting concepts. Rather than focusing on concepts in isolation, the book and CengageNOW present accounting as a system-emphasizing how the end result changes based on how the numbers affect each other. CengageNOW for the 6th edition w also focuses on helping to help you become an informed business decision maker, with author-written Blueprint Problems, Analyzing Relationships Problems and a host of new questions related to using and analyzing Excel.
- Author BiographyDr. Don R. Hansen is Professor Emeritus of Oklahoma State University. He has an undergraduate degree in mathematics from Brigham Young University. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Arizona in 1977. Dr. Hansen has published articles in both accounting and engineering journals, including The Accounting Review, The Journal of Management Accounting Research, Accounting Organizations and Society, Accounting Horizons, and IIE Transactions. He has served on the editorial board of The Accounting Review. His outside interests include family, church activities, reading, movies, and watching sports. Dr. Maryanne M. Mowen is Associate Professor Emerita of Accounting at Oklahoma State University. She currently teaches online classes in cost and management accounting for Oklahoma State University. She received her Ph.D. from Arizona State University. Dr. Mowen brings a unique interdisciplinary perspective to teaching and writing in cost and management accounting, with degrees in history and economics. She has taught classes in ethics and the impact of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act on accountants. Her scholarly research focuses on areas of management accounting, behavioral decision theory, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. She has published articles in journals, such as Decision Science, The Journal of Economics and Psychology, and The Journal of Management Accounting Research. Dr. Mowen has served as a consultant to mid-sized and Fortune 100 companies and works with corporate controllers on management accounting issues. She is a member of the Northern New Mexico chapter of SCORE and serves as a counselor, assisting small and start-up businesses. Outside the classroom, she enjoys hiking, traveling, reading mysteries, and working crossword puzzles. Dr. Dan L. Heitger is the Deloitte Professor of Accounting and Co-Director of the Center for Business Excellence at Miami University. He received his Ph.D. from Michigan State University and his undergraduate degree in accounting from Indiana University. He actively works with executives and students of all levels in developing and teaching courses in managerial accounting, business sustainability, risk management, stakeholder management, governance, and business reporting. He co-founded an organization that provides executive education for large international organizations. His interactions with business professionals, through executive education and the Center, allow him to bring a current and real-world perspective to his writing. His published research focuses on managerial accounting and risk management issues and has appeared in HARVARD BUSINESS REVIEW, BEHAVIORAL RESEARCH IN ACCOUNTING, ACCOUNTING HORIZONS, ISSUES IN ACCOUNTING EDUCATION, JOURNAL OF ACCOUNTANCY, and MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING QUARTERLY. His outside interests include hiking with his family in the National Park system.
- Author(s)Dan L. Heitger,Don R. Hansen,Maryanne M. Mowen
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1792 g
- Width237 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.