All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionCorporate Financial Analysis with Microsoft(R)Excel(R) visualizes spreadsheets as an effectivemanagement tool both for financial analysisand for coordinating its results and actionswith marketing, sales, production and serviceoperations, quality control, and other businessfunctions. Taking an integrative view that promotesteamwork across corporate functions andresponsibilities, the book contains dozens ofcharts, diagrams, and actual Excel(R) screenshotsto reinforce the practical applications ofevery topic it covers. The first two sections-Financial Statements and Cash Budgeting-explain how to use spreadsheets for: Preparing income statements,balance sheets, and cashflow statements Performing vertical andhorizontal analyses offinancial statements Determining financial ratiosand analyzing their trendsand significance Combining quantitative andjudgmental techniques to improveforecasts of sales revenues andcustomer demands Calculating and applying thetime value of money Managing inventories,safety stocks, and theallocation of resources The third and final section-Capital Budgeting-covers capital structure, the cost ofcapital, and leverage; the basics of capitalbudgeting, including taxes and depreciation;applications, such as new facilities, equipmentreplacement, process improvement, leasingversus buying, and nresidential real estate;and risk analysis of capital budgets and thepotential impacts of unforeseen events. Corporate Financial Analysis with Microsoft(R)Excel(R) takes a broad view of financial functionsand responsibilities in relation to thoseof other functional parts of modern corporations,and it demonstrates how to use spreadsheetsto integrate and coordinate them. Itprovides many insightful examples and casestudies of real corporations, including Wal-Mart, Sun Microsystems, Nike, H. J. Heinz,Dell, Microsoft, Apple Computer, and IBM. Corporate Financial Analysis with Microsoft(R)Excel(R) is the ideal tool for managing yourfirm's short-term operations and long-termcapital investments.
- Author BiographyFrancis J. Clauss, Ph.D., teaches in the MBA program at Golden Gate University's School of Business. He earned his Ph.D. from the University of Michigan and has both technical and management experience in the steel, chemical, and aerospace industries. He lives in Palo Alto, California.
- Author(s)Francis J. Clauss
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteill
- Weight1159 g
- Width213 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.