All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book investigates organizational learning from a variety of information processing perspectives. Continuous change and complexity in regulatory, social and ecomic environments are increasingly forcing organizations and their employees to acquire the necessary job-specific kwledge at the right time and in the right format. Though many regulatory documents are w available in digital form, their complexity and diversity make identifying the relevant elements for a particular context a challenging task. In such scenarios, business processes tend to be important sources of kwledge, containing rich but in many cases embedded, hidden kwledge. This book discusses the possible connection between business process models and corporate kwledge assets; kwledge extraction approaches based on organizational processes; developing and maintaining corporate kwledge bases; and semantic business process management and its relation to organizational learning approaches. The individual chapters reveal the different elements of a kwledge management solution designed to extract, organize and preserve the kwledge embedded in business processes so as to: enrich organizational kwledge bases in a systematic and controlled way, support employees in acquiring job role-specific kwledge, promote organizational learning, and steer human capital investment. All of these topics are analyzed on the basis of real-world cases from the domains of insurance, food safety, invation, and funding.
- Author BiographyDr. Andras Gabor is director of Institute of Informatics and professor of Department of Information Systems at the Corvinus University of Budapest, research director of Corvinno Technology Transfer Ltd. He earned a diploma (MSc) in Business and Economics (1974), and in Computer Science (1979), dr. univ. oec. (1976), CSc (Ph.D) (1983), CISA (1999), habil.dr (2002). His expertise spans systems analysis, process management, information management, intelligent systems. He leads several national and international research projects and is the author of prominent Hungarian and international publications. He was visiting scholar at DePaul University, Chicago, Imperial College, London, and at the University of Amsterdam. Besides academic activities, he was a consultant for the Inter-ministerial Committee for IT and the Modernization and Integration Project Office, 1990-98. Between 2003-2006 worked as a consultant on behalf of the Ministry of Education concerning MIS development in Higher Education. Andrea Ko, PhD, Habil, CISA is an Associate Professor of Corvinus University of Budapest, Department of Information Systems. She has a University Doctoral degree in Computer Science (1992) from Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary and a PhD degree in Management and Business Administration (2005) from Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary. She participated in several international and national research projects in the areas of: intelligent systems, knowledge management; semantic technologies and e-government. She has published more than 80 papers in international scientific journals and conferences. Her research interests include: intelligent systems, business intelligence, knowledge management, and semantic technologies.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication20/04/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleKnowledge Management and Organizational Learning
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 62 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight450 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAndras Gabor,Andrea Ko
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.