All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCorporate responsibility and sustainable development are two concepts that may be able to reconcile many of the big challenges facing the world; challenges such as tensions between respect for the natural environment, social justice, and ecomic development; the long view versus short-term imperatives and the competing priorities between developed and developing ecomies. This book explores the gaps and overlaps between corporate responsibility and sustainable development. These concerns overlap because they implicate corporate practices, state development policy challenges, the concerns and priorities of n-governmental organisations, and the potential for invative forms of organisation to address these challenges. This collection examines these questions in terms of tensions and interdependencies, between competing claims to resources, rights and responsibilities, strategy and governance, between public and private interest, and the implications for equity and the common good over the long term. This is a valuable resource for researchers, lecturers, practitioners, postgraduate and final year undergraduates in business strategy, international business and international management, public sector policy and management, international development, political ecomy. It is also suitable for more specialist courses on sustainability, corporate responsibility, governance and international development.
- Author BiographyLez Rayman-Bacchus is Visiting Research Fellow at University of Winchester Business School, UK. Philip R. Walsh is Associate Professor at Ryerson University, Canada.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Sustainability and Business
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byLez Rayman-Bacchus,Philip R. Walsh
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.