Corporate Rivalry and Market Power: Competition Issues in the Tourism Industry by I.B.Tauris & Co Ltd (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.70+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConventional wisdom paints a picture of the tourism industries as made up of many small and medium enterprises with strategic behaviour. The reality, however, is different: in addition to these small and medium enterprises a powerful oligopoly of service providers and intermediaries has emerged, employing sophisticated techniques of corporate rivalry to enhance their position and exercise market power. Corporate Rivalry and Market Power is the first work to investigate this reality and to provide an integrated perspective on competition issues in tourism. The work begins with an overview of the main principles and issues in competition analysis. Corporate rivalry in the areas of transport for tourism, the accommodation sector and travel distribution are then examined, drawing examples and case studies from the international arena. Among the studies included are corporate rivalry and competition in the airline industry, the impact of information techlogy on tourism competition, the travel distribution system in the US retail sector and competition in visitor attractions and holiday parks. Finally, emerging problems and the measures required to alleviate them are discussed. With contributors drawn from leading experts in the field, Corporate Rivalry and Market Power provides an important and original analysis of competition issues in the tourism industry. It will form essential reading for scholars and practitioners in tourism, industrial ecomics and ecomic geography.
- Author BiographyAndreas Papatheodorou is Assistant Professor in Industrial Economics with Emphasis on Tourism at the University of the Aegean, Greece and an Honorary Research Fellow of the Tourism and Travel Research Institute at the University of Nottingham. He holds degrees in economics and geography from the University of Oxford, and a degree in industrial economics & industrial organisation from the University of Athens. He speaks four languages and was previously Lecturer in Tourism at the University of Surrey. He has been advisor to the Greek Governmant on tourism and conducts courses on air transport and tourism education for AACO in the Middle East.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2006
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleTourism, Retailing and Consumption
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAndreas Papatheodorou
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.