All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCorporate Social Responsibility Failures in the Oil Industry directly challenges the oil industry's claims of corporate good citizenship, w widely advanced as part of a global public relations initiative. The volume spans the industry's reach, from the troubled waters of the UK offshore Continental Shelf, with its horrendous legacy of the Piper Alpha oil rig disaster, to the inhospitable shores of Newfoundland with its own tragic legacy of lost lives; to the new frontier of oil corporate colonialism in the former Soviet Union and the icy plains of Alaska. The central theme of violations of basic labour rights and of health and environmental protection standards will make uncomfortable reading in the boardroom. It is equally essential reading for those who seek to improve the position of workers and industries within the oil industry's global reach.
- Author(s)Charles Woolfson,Matthais Beck
- PublisherBaywood Publishing Company Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2004
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationAmityville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaywood Publishing Company Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight430 g
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.