All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do corporations increasingly engage in good deeds that do t immediately help their bottom line, and what are the consequences of these activities? This volume examines these questions by drawing on historical documents, interviews, qualitative case comparison, fieldwork, multiple regression, time-series analysis and multidimensional scaling, among others. Informed by neoinstitutionalism and political ecomy approaches, the authors examine how global and local dimensions of contemporary corporate social responsibility (CSR) intersect with each other. Their rigorous empirical analyses produce insights into the historical roots of suspicions concerning cross-societal ecomic actors, why and how global CSR frameworks evolved into current forms, how conceptions of CSR vary across societies, what motivates corporations to participate in CSR frameworks, what impacts such participation might have on corporate reputation and actual practices, whether CSR activities shield corporations from targeting by boycott campaigns or invite more criticism, and what alternative responses corporations might have to buying into CSR principles.
- Author BiographyKiyoteru Tsutsui is Associate Professor in the Department of Sociology at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Alwyn Lim is Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology at the University of Southern California.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleBusiness and Public Policy
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note28 b/w illus. 29 tables
- Weight850 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byAlwyn Lim,Kiyoteru Tsutsui
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.