All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the concept of corporate social responsibility, this book analyses modern approaches adopted by mining companies that could minimise negative impacts of mining and enhance positive benefits to corporate stakeholders. Using a case study of two mining sectors (gold and diamond mining) the book evaluates policies and practices of mining companies within four key areas of corporate social responsibility: environmental protection, health and safety, employee relations and community development. Also included is an assessment of three models for community development that are developed within the mining industries: company-led approach, establishment of corporate foundation and tri-sector partnership. The study analyses management of corporate social responsibility issues with specific reference to mining in the Russian Federation and provides a comparison with global mining companies.
- Author BiographyDr Natalia Yakovleva is a Reader in the Winchester Business School, University of Winchester, UK.
- Author(s)Dr Natalia Yakovleva
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2005
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleCorporate Social Responsibility Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 27 b&w illustrations
- Weight740 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor David Crowther
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.