All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe increasing importance of CSR means that companies must consider multi-stakeholder interests as well as the social, political, ecomic, environmental and developmental impact of their actions. However, the pursuit of profits by multinational corporations has led to a series of questionable corporate actions and the consequences of such practices are particularly evident in developing countries. Adefolake Adeyeye explores how CSR has evolved to aid the anti-corruption campaign. By examining voluntary rules applicable for curbing corruption, particularly bribery and analysing the domestic and extra-territorial laws of Nigeria, United Kingdom and the United States for holding corporations liable for bribery, she assesses the adequacy of international law's approach towards corporate liability for bribery and explores direct corporate responsibility for international corruption. The roles of corporate governance, global governance and civil liability in curbing corporate corrupt practices are given special focus.
- Author BiographyAdefolake Adeyeye is an adjunct lecturer at the Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore (NUS), where she teaches a module on corporate social responsibility which she designed and developed. Her research interests are in corporate social responsibility, multinational corporations, corporate governance, global governance, international law and sustainable development.
- Author(s)Adefolake O. Adeyeye
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/04/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight430 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.