All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you have ever wondered why people of unremarkable ability, work ethic, or, for that matter, accomplishment succeed and prosper in corporations, Corporate Success For the Mediocre will demystify this phemen in an easy-to-grasp and actionable guide. If you are yourself, indeed, mediocre, this book provides specific steps, heuristics, and rules that you can follow to greatly increase your own chances of success. Learn how to exploit the particular dynamics of corporations, teams, and your fellow co-workers to your advantage. Because if there is one thing the mediocre are t - it is too lazy to make an effort. The explanations used are particular to today's workplace culture and are relevant and timely, requiring few leaps of faith: most readers will recognise the situations and anecdotes from their own experiences in corporations. The author, Arturo Bello, has more than a dozen years' experience working in large, global companies and draws upon his broad career and acute understanding of human psychology to create this essential guide for the mediocre. And an explainer for the rest of us.
- Author BiographyArturo Bello has spent more than a dozen years as a manager working with large, globally focused corporations for the best-known and most selective companies in the world. As an employee or a consultant, he has known more than twenty corporate organisations with more than just passing familiarity. Being a keen observer of human interaction, with just enough knowledge about the principles of organisational behaviour from his MBA to be dangerous, topped off by a passion for social justice and good governance, he set out to document his observations in a useful handbook, in the spirit of Machiavelli's The Prince. Bello's industry experience spans strategy consulting, media, telecoms, internet, and software, and, geographically, he has lived and worked in the U.S. and in several European countries. Always a student of human nature, he seeks to make sense of the world and the forces that shape it and to learn and internalise all inputs. This is his first effort to pass on his knowledge. And perhaps reshape the world, in turn. Bello enjoys travelling around Italy, gossiping with work colleagues around the water cooler, and reading fan emails at Arturo.firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to his corporate work, he is also the founder of an internet startup dedicated to the promotion of truth in the political arena. More information is available (including ways to purchase this book in digital or print formats) at www.arturobello.com. He is now working on notes for his next book, Breaking In Your New Boss - A Guide (How to Turn Corporate Volatility to Your Advantage), which will be announced on the website upon publication.
- Author(s)Arturo Bello
- PublisherCosmicjustice.Net Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCosmicjustice.Net Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.