All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRisk consideration is central to more accurate post-crisis valuation Corporate Valuation presents the most up-to-date tools and techniques for more accurate valuation in a highly volatile, globalized, and risky business environment. This insightful guide takes a multidisciplinary approach, considering both accounting and financial principles, with a practical focus that uses case studies and numerical examples to illustrate major concepts. Readers are walked through a map of the valuation approaches proven most effective post-crisis, with explicit guidance toward implementation and enhancement using advanced tools, while exploring new models, techniques, and perspectives on the new meaning of value. Risk centrality and scenario analysis are major themes among the techniques covered, and the companion website provides relevant spreadsheets, models, and instructor materials. Business is w done in a faster, more diverse, more interconnected environment, making valuation an increasingly more complex endeavor. New types of risks and competition are shaping operations and finance, redefining the importance of managing uncertainty as the key to success. This book brings that perspective to bear in valuation, providing new insight, new models, and practical techniques for the modern finance industry. * Gain a new understanding of the idea of value, from both accounting and financial perspectives * Learn new valuation models and techniques, including scenario-based valuation, the Monte Carlo analysis, and other advanced tools * Understand valuation multiples as adjusted for risk and cycle, and the decomposition of deal multiples * Examine the approach to valuation for rights issues and hybrid securities, and more Traditional valuation models are inaccurate in that they hinge on the idea of ensured success and only mir adjustments to forecasts. These rules longer apply, and accurate valuation demands a shift in the paradigm. Corporate Valuation describes that shift, and how it translates to more accurate methods.
- Author BiographyMARIO MASSARI is full professor of corporate finance and former head of the finance department at Bocconi University (Milan). GIANFRANCO GIANFRATE is a Giorgio Ruffolo Fellow at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA). LAURA ZANETTI is associate professor of corporate finance at Bocconi University, academic director of the BSc in Economics and Finance, and a research fellow at the Centre for Applied Research in Finance.
- Author(s)Gianfranco Gianfrate,Laura Zanetti,Mario Massari
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication26/08/2016
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Finance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight736 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine40 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.