All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionIt is widely accepted that corporations have ecomic, legal, and even social roles. Yet the political role of corporations has yet to be fully appreciated. Corporations and Citizenship serves as a corrective by employing the concept of citizenship in order to make sense of the political dimensions of corporations. Citizenship offers a way of thinking about roles and responsibilities among members of polities and between these members and their governing institutions. Crane, Matten and Moon provide a rich and multi-faceted picture that explores three relations of citizenship - corporations as citizens, corporations as goverrs of citizenship, and corporations as arenas of citizenship for stakeholders - as well as three contemporary reconfigurations of citizenship - cultural (identity-based), ecological, and cosmopolitan citizenship. The book revolutionizes t only our understanding of corporations but also of citizenship as a principle of allocating power and responsibility in a political community.
- Author BiographyAndrew Crane is George R. Gardiner Professor of Business Ethics at the Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto. Dirk Matten is Professor of Policy and holds the Hewlett-Packard Chair in Corporate Social Responsibility at the Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto. Jeremy Moon is Professor of Corporate Social Responsibility and Director of the International Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility at Nottingham University Business School.
- Author(s)Andrew Crane,Dirk Matten,Jeremy Moon
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/08/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleBusiness, Value Creation and Society
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note9 b/w illus. 9 tables
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.