All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
About this product
- DescriptionCorpus-based Approaches to Contrastive Linguistics and Translation Studies presents readers with up-to-date research in corpus-based contrastive linguistics and translation studies, showing the high degree of complementarity between the two fields in terms of research methodology, interests and objectives. Offering theoretical, descriptive and applied perspectives, the articles show how translation and contrastive approaches to grammar, lexis and discourse can be harmoniously combined through the use of molingual, bilingual and multilingual corpora and how contrastive information needs to inform translation research and vice versa. The tion of contrastive linguistics adopted here is broad; thus, alongside comparisons of Malay/English idioms and the French imparfait and its English equivalents, there are articles comparing different varieties of French, and sign language with spoken language. This collection should be of interest to researchers in corpus linguistics, contrastive linguistics and translation studies. In addition, the section on corpus-based teaching applications will be of great value to teachers of translation and contrastive linguistics.
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- Series TitleApproaches to Translation Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number20
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintEditions Rodopi B.V.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Volume editorJacques Lerot,Stephanie Petch-Tyson,Sylviane Granger
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.