All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes a corpus-based approach, which integrates translation studies and contrastive analysis, to the study of translational language. It presents the world's first balanced corpus of translational Chinese, which, in combination with a comparable native Chinese corpus, provides a reliable empirical basis for a comprehensive account of the macro-statistic, lexical, and grammatical features of translational Chinese in English-to-Chinese translation - a significant contribution to Descriptive Translation Studies. The research findings based on these two distinctly different languages have important implications for universal translation research on the European tradition.
- Author BiographyRichard Xiao is Lecturer of Chinese Linguistics at Lancaster University (UK) and Professor of Linguistics at Zhejiang University (China). His main research interests cover corpus linguistics, contrastive and translation studies of English and Chinese, and tense and aspect theory. He has published numerous books including Aspect in Mandarin Chinese (John Benjamins, 2004), Corpus-Based Language Studies (Routledge, 2006), A Frequency Dictionary of Mandarin Chinese (Routledge, 2009), Using Corpora in Contrastive and Translation Studies (Cambridge Scholars, 2010), and Corpus-Based Contrastive Studies of English and Chinese (Routledge, 2010).
- Author(s)Richard Xiao,Xianyao Hu
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication18/07/2015
- Series TitleNew Frontiers in Translation Studies
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note57 black & white illustrations, 11 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight502 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.