All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a collection of leading research within corpus-based translation studies (CTS). CTS is w recognized as a major paradigm that has transformed analysis within the discipline of translation studies. It can be defined as the use of corpus linguistic techlogies to inform and elucidate the translation process, something that is increasingly accessible through advances in computer techlogy. The book pulls together a wide range of perspectives from respected authors in the field. All the chapters deal with the implementation of the basic concepts and methodologies, providing the reader with practical tools for their own research. The book addresses key issues in corpus analysis, including online corpora and corpus construction, and covers both translation and interpreting. The authors look at various languages and utilize a variety of approaches, qualitative and quantitative, reflecting the breadth of the field and providing many valuable examples of the methodology at work.
- Author BiographyJeremy Munday, Senior Lecturer at the School of Modern Languages and Cultures, University of Leeds, UK. Kim Wallmach is a Teacher of Translation and Interpreting, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa and a Co-ordinator at Multilingua Translation and Interpretation Services, South Africa. Alet Kruger, formerly a Professor at University of South Frica, South Africa, currently a Co-ordinator at Multilingua Translation and Interpretation Services, South Africa.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication16/06/2011
- Series TitleContinuum Advances in Translation
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight628 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAlet Kruger,Jeremy Munday,Kim Wallmach
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.