Corrections (Justice Series) by Leanne F. Alarid, Philip L. Reichel (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $177.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $162.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor courses in Introduction to Corrections and Corrections Theory and Policy Brief. Affordable. Visual. Corrections provides an affordable, thought-provoking look at corrections that uses clear writing and eye-catching visuals to get your students straight to the important concepts. By focusing on these core concepts, students will gain true understanding of the material, without becoming overwhelmed with unnecessary information. The text examines how evidence-based practices are used in corrections and how theory is linked to treatment and punishment of offenders. The book's conversation-starting pedagogy encourages active participation in learning, encouraging students to think critically about community corrections, prison life, treatment of offenders, reentry, legal issues, the death penalty, and juveniles in corrections. Also available with MyCJLab This title is also available with MyCJLab-an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results.This powerful homework and test manager lets you create, import, and manage online homework assignments, quizzes, and tests that are automatically graded. You can choose from a wide range of assignment options, including time limits, proctoring, and maximum number of attempts allowed. The bottom line: MyLab means less time grading and more time teaching. NOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyCJLab does t come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyCJLab, search for ISBN-10: 0133895556/ISBN-13: 9780133895551. That package includes ISBN-10: 0133908968/ISBN-13: 9780133908961 and ISBN-10: 0133587606/ISBN-13: 9780133587609. MyCJLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
- Author BiographyLeanne F. Alarid is associate professor in the Department of Criminal Justice at The University of Texas at El Paso. She has taught and conducted correctional research for nearly 20 years. Dr. Alarid is the author of Community-Based Corrections (Cengage) and over 40 journal articles and book chapters. She edited four books including Behind a Convict's Eyes: Doing Time in a Modern Day Prison (2004) and In Her Own Words: Women's Offenders' Views on Crime and Victimization (2006). She received the Founder's Award by the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences in 2011 for her contribution to criminal justice education and service. She was recognized in the Journal of Criminal Justice Education as one of the top 20 female scholars in the country out of female Ph.D. graduates in criminal justice between 1996 and 2006. Alarid worked as a counselor for a girls' group home and as a correctional case manager at an adult halfway house in Denver, Colorado. Philip L. Reichel is professor emeritus from the University of Northern Colorado. With over 40 years of teaching and research, Dr. Reichel earned the Distinguished Scholar award in 2003 and Advisor of the Year in 2005. He is the author of Comparative Criminal Justice Systems: A Topical Approach (2013) co-editor of the Handbook of Transnational Crime and Justice (2014); and has authored more than 30 articles and book chapters. His areas of expertise include corrections, comparative justice systems, and transnational crime. He is active in the American Society of Criminology and has served on the executive board of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences.
- Author(s)Leanne F. Alarid,Philip L. Reichel
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication05/01/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.