All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionCorrosion Prevention and Protection: Practical Solutions presents a functional approach to the various forms of corrosion, such as uniform corrosion, pitting corrosion, crevice corrosion, galvanic corrosion, stress corrosion, hydrogen-induced damage, sulphide stress cracking, erosion-corrosion, and corrosion fatigue in various industrial environments. The book is split into two parts. The first, consisting of five chapters: * Introduction and Principles (Fundamentals) of Corrosion * Corrosion Testing, Detection, Monitoring and Failure Analysis * Regulations, Specifications and Safety * Materials: Metals, Alloys, Steels and Plastics * Corrosion Ecomics and Corrosion Management The second part of the book consists of two chapters which present: * a discussion of corrosion reactions, media, active and active-passive corrosion behaviour and the various forms of corrosion, * a collection of case histories and practical solutions which span a wide range of industrial problems in a variety of frequently encountered environments, including statues & monuments, corrosion problems in metallurgical and mineral processing plants, boilers, heat exchangers and cooling towers, aluminum and copper alloys, galvanized steel structures as well as hydrogeological environmental corrosion This text is relevant to researchers and practitioners, engineers and chemists, working in corrosion in industry, government laboratories and academia. It is also suitable as a course text for engineering students as well as libraries related to chemical and chemical engineering institutes and research departments.
- Author BiographyEdward Ghali, DSc, Dept. of Mining and Metallurgy, Laval University, Quebec City, Canada G1K 7P4 V. S. Sastri, Ph.D, Sai Ram Consultants, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1J 6S7 Consulting in the fields of corrosion and corrosion control by inhibitors in sour gas systems, grinding balls, microbiological corrosion, corrosion of low-leaded copper-base alloys, hydrogen damage in high-strength and rail steels, galvanic corrosion of household plumbing solders and contamination of drinking water, surface quantification of corrosion products, electrochemical sensors for hydrogen in steels, reverse osmosis and water pollution and beneficiation of ores. M. Elboujdaini, Ph.D., Materials Technology Laboratories, CANMET, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0G1 Research Scientist and Group Leader/Corrosion & Protection at Natural Resources Canada, CANMET, Materials Technology Laboratory (MTL), Ottawa, Canada. Authority in hydrogen-induced cracking and material degradation in H2S environment; Coordinated complex and difficult tests on full-scale pipes in H2S environment for oil and gas industries; Provided critical technical information and consultative expertise to Canadian companies.
- Author(s)Edward Ghali,M. Elboujdaini,Vedula S. Sastri
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication12/01/2007
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight1228 g
- Width175 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine37 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.