All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe conservation of metallic archaeological and historic artefacts is a major challenge whether they are ancient bronzes or relics of our more recent industrial past. Based on the work of Working Party 21 Corrosion of Archaeological and Historical Artefacts within the European Federation of Corrosion (EFC), this important book summarises key recent research on analytical techniques, understanding corrosion processes and preventing the corrosion of cultural heritage metallic artefacts. After an introductory part on some of the key issues in this area, part two reviews the range of analytical techniques for measuring and analysing corrosion processes, including time resolved spectroelectrochemistry, voltammetry and laser induced breakdown spectroscopy. Part three reviews different types of corrosion processes for a range of artefacts, whilst part four discusses on-site monitoring techniques. The final part of the book summaries a range of conservation techniques and strategies to conserve cultural heritage metallic artefacts. Corrosion and conservation of cultural heritage metallic artefacts is an important reference for all those involved in archaeology and conservation, including governments, museums as well as those undertaking research in archaeology and corrosion science.
- Author BiographyDr Philippe Dillmann is Head of the Archaeological Materials Laboratory at the Institut de Recherche sur les Archeomateriaux within the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and the Commissariat a l'Energie Atomique (CNRS/CEA). David Watkinson is Professor of Conservation at Cardiff University, UK. Emma Angelini is Professor of Applied Physical Chemistry at the Politecnico di Torino, Italy. Professor Annemie Adriaens works within the Department of Analytical Chemistry at Ghent University, Belgium.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleEuropean Federation of Corrosion (EFC) Series
- Series Part/Volume Number65
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white, and colour)
- Weight1090 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byA. Adriaens,David Watkinson,Emma Angelini,Philippe Dillmann
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.