All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionCorticosteroids (CS) are naturally occurring biomolecules produced in the adrenal cortex and have a multitude of roles which includes carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism, inflammation and regulation of water, electrolyte etc. Based on their functions, steroids are classified as glucocorticoids and/or mineralocorticoids, and only the former have anti-inflammatory properties which have been chemically modified to produce potent anti-inflammatory drugs which also retain the metabolic and bone effects of the primary chemical. This book provides new research which includes the role of corticosteroids in diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, adeids, chronic subdural hematoma, osteonecrosis, and autoimmune diseases.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight324 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byCarmen Adkins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.