All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to provide a comprehensive and state-of-the-art introduction to the vel and fast-evolving topic of in-situ produced cosmogenic nuclides. It presents an accessible introduction to the theoretical foundations, with explanations of relevant concepts starting at a basic level and building in sophistication. It incorporates, and draws on, methodological discussions and advances achieved within the international CRONUS (Cosmic-Ray Produced Nuclide Systematics) networks. Practical aspects such as sampling, analytical methods and data-interpretation are discussed in detail and an essential sampling checklist is provided. The full range of cosmogenic isotopes is covered and a wide spectrum of in-situ applications are described and illustrated with specific and generic examples of exposure dating, burial dating, erosion and uplift rates and process model verification. Graduate students and experienced practitioners will find this book a vital source of information on the background concepts and practical applications in geomorphology, geography, soil-science, and geology.
- Author BiographyTibor Dunai is a Reader in Geomorphology at the University of Edinburgh and has extensive research experience in the field of cosmogenic nuclides and their applications to Earth sciences. He was the initiator and coordinator of CRONUS-EU and is on the steering committee of CRONUS-Earth, and his methodological work on cosmogenic nuclide production has been fundamental to the research of these networks. Dr Dunai has taught at several specialist training workshops, and organized the CRONUS-EU summer school on methodology and Earth science applications of cosmogenic nuclides. This book stems from these training events and is designed to address the expressed requirements of the participants, who included experienced practitioners as well as novices to the technique.
- Author(s)Tibor J. Dunai
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/03/2010
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note44 b/w illus. 5 tables
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.