All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionHow does modern science bear upon such ultimate questions as the origin of the universe and the existence of God? Cosmos, Bios, Theos is a portfolio of opinions and arguments from 60 scientists, including 24 Nobel Prize winners, on the relationshiip between the scientific enterprise and the religious view of reality. Cosmos, Bios, Theos makes claim to being a representative survey - the scientists were chosen because they were believed to be at least open to the possibility of a religious view of reality. But their specific views turned out to be surprisingly diverse, and often both original and persuasive. All but a few of the contributions take the form of the scientist's sometimes detailed - replies to the following six questions - what do you think should be the relationship between religion and science?; what is your view on the origin of the universe - both on a scientific and - if you see the need - on a metaphysical level?; what is your view on the origin of life - both on the scientific level and - if you see the need - on a metaphysicla level? what is your views on the origin of Homo sapiens? ; how should science - and the scientist - approach origin questions, specifically the origin of the Universe and the origin of life? Many prominent scientists - including Darwin, Einstein and Planck - have considered the concept of God very seriously. What are your thoughts on the concept of God and on the existence of God? The contributors are astromers, mathematicians, physicists, biologists, chemists, and philosophers. They include - Sir John Eccles, Antony Flew (in a debate with H.D.Lewis and Hugo Meynell), Robert Jastrow, b.D.Josephson, Henry Margenau, Sir Neville Mott, Ar Penzias, Ilya Prigogine, Abdus Salam, Arthur Schawlow, George Snell, Victor Weisskopf, and Eugene Wigner.
- PublisherOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/12/1991
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Content Noteindex
- Weight444 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byHenry Margenau,Roy Abraham Varghese
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.